What is NEBOSH General Certificate?
Over 200,000 people hold a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. Why? Because it’s the gold standard in health and safety qualifications.
Thousands of leading experts and organisations have helped update the most widely respected health and safety qualification of its kind in the world. The qualification is designed to reflect the needs of today’s employer giving learners everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer. - Focuses on key skills that are essential for the workplace
- Follows the international framework of agreed best practice and ISO standards
- Is flexible to the style of any learner
- Study hours, making it possible for fast track learners to complete it in 10 days
Who should do this qualification?
- It is relevant to every workplace
- Ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
What can I expect to learn?
Risk assessment is central to the qualification, through study and workplace application, successful
learners will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH National General Certificate covers:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- The UK’s key legal requirements
How will I be assessed?
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
Assessment is a two-step process:
- An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
Find out more