Site Management Safety Training Scheme is a five-day course aimed at existing Site Managers, others involved with Site Management within the construction industry and those wishing to become Site Managers; for example, Site Supervisors or others in training to become Site Managers
It is highly recommended for those who want to manage sites both competently and safely. The SMSTS qualification is also mandatory for those who want to work as Site Managers on sites for main contractors who are part of the United Kingdom Contractors group.
Course Structure and Overview
The five-day SMSTS course is a tutor-led, classroom-based training course. The course can either be run as an open course at one of our training venues or can alternatively be run at a client’s own venue where there are sufficient delegates to justify a dedicated course.
- The legal background to safe site management and awareness of regulations
- Safe set up on-site, CDM regulations, assessments of risk and raising method statements
- Safety considerations in different operational scenarios including scaffolding and working at heights, demolition works, electrical works, excavations and confined spaces.
- Accident reporting and reporting requirements under the RIDDOR regulations.
- Maintaining a positive health and safety culture within the workplace, best practice and communications
What are the Site Management Safety Training Scheme Course Outcomes?
Aims to help Site Managers, agents and supervisors to:
- Manage Health and Safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their management and supervisory role.
Find out more