SSSTS Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme two-day course is intended for those who have, or about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities.
It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively. This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UK CG sites and as such the course must be delivered as laid out in the following programme.
SSSTS Course Aims and Objectives:
The course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structures and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments, and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Assessment: The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
The maximum number of delegates per course will be 20.
We can also provide refresher training for this course.
Find out more