What is the IOSH Managing Safely course?
Managing Safely is the market-leading health and safety course for line managers which is an Internationally recognised and respected certification. Designed to provide all managers with the confidence and enthusiasm to apply knowledge to the workplace.
Our Managing Safely course will help improve the safety awareness culture in your organisation, see your productivity increase and enhance your reputation within your supply chain by embedding safety and health across the whole organisation.
Who should enrol in this course?
Designed for anyone who wants to know the basics of safety and health within any sector. Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide. They won’t suddenly become safety experts – but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
What can I expect to learn from this course?
- Ensures you can assess and control risks and hazards
- Ensures you understand your own responsibilities for safety and health
- Enables you to investigate incidents
- Empowers you to measure your own performance
- Allows for personal reflections on good practice
What does the business get?
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals, IOSH
- Flexibility – the programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single programme
- Globally-recognised, respected and certificated training for your managers and supervisors
Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies from across the globe help drive the points home over the whole course. Each module is backed by crystal-clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and summaries reinforce the key learning points.
Managing Safely covers…
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
What results can I expect?
- Greater productivity, from fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within your supply chain
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
Find out more