The five day SMSTS course is aimed at existing Site Managers, others involved with Site Management within the construction industry and those wishing to become Site Managers.
It is highly recommended for those who want to manage sites both competently and safely. The SMSTS qualification is also mandatory for those who want to work as Site Managers on sites for main contractors who are part of the United Kingdom Contractors group.
Course Structure and Overview
The five-day SMSTS course is a tutor led. The course is delivered face-to-face as an open course at one of our training venues or at a client’s own venue where there are sufficient delegates to justify a dedicated course. The course can also be delivered online.
· The legal background to safe site management and awareness of regulations
· Safe set up on site, CDM regulations, assessments of risk and raising method statements
· Safety considerations in different operational scenarios including scaffolding and working
at heights, demolition works, electrical works, excavations and confined spaces.
· Accident reporting and reporting requirements under the RIDDOR regulations.
· Maintaining a positive health and safety culture within the workplace, best practice and
What are the SMSTS course outcomes?
The course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
· Manage Health and Safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the
context of their management and supervisory role.
· Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site Health, Safety and
· Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
To pass the SMSTS course delegates must:
· Complete all of the course days.
· Successfully interact with the class and pass exercises set during the course.
· Complete and pass a multiple choice assessment at the end of the course
Candidates that successfully pass the course will achieve a certificate that is valid for five years.
Find out more