Introduction to Child Protection & Safeguarding
Aimed at anyone who comes into contact with children through their work, the course allows participants to gain a better understanding of safeguarding and the processes involved in child protection.
The programme content adheres to the recommended guidelines and standards set by the appropriate authorities.
Topics Covered Include:
- Definitions of Abuse
- Facts about Child Abuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Abuse
- Legal Background
- Responsibility to Good Practice
- Codes of Conduct
- Accountability For Actions
- Responding to Disclosure
- Recording & Reporting Disclosure/Concerns
- Contacts for Local Authority Bodies
- Whistle Blowing & Other Policies
- Safe Guarding Yourself.
Find out more