This qualification introduces candidates to the hazards and risks involved in manual handling and outlines what to expect from a manual handling assessment. It will enable employees to develop safer manual handling techniques in the workplace.
Did you know that incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work?
Principles of Manual Handling is designed to cover the basic principles of manual handling.
This theory-based qualification is ideal for all employees as it provides candidates with an awareness of safe manual handling practices and the risks of unsafe manual handling.
With subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to reduce the risk of workplace manual handling injuries, whilst minimising disruption to your organisation’s day to day activities:
What is Covered?
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
• Musculoskeletal system
• Centre of gravity
• Lever system
- Theory of safe manual handling principles, including:
• Preparing for a lift
• Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
• Team manual handling
- Manual handling equipment:
• Types of manual handling aids and equipment
• Maintenance and requirements for testing
For further information, talk to Catherine - Tel: 07850 661971 or email email@example.com
Find out more