In conjunction with the City of Derry Airport, Global Horizon Skills is delighted to offer apprentice role as Airside Agent.
APPRENTICE AIRSIDE AGENT
Brief Outline of Duties:
- Responsible to the Airside & Fire Duty Manager for Operational Duties
- Crew and operate Apron Services vehicles and equipment
- Provide marshalling instructions to aircraft on parking, start up and pushback
- Position steps, passenger guidance systems and assist in the safe disembarkation/embarkation of passengers and airline crew(s)
- Render assistance to Persons with Restricted Mobility (PRM)
- Operate the ‘Triple A’ Security Procedures including Bingo Card reconciliation system as directed by Department for Transport (DfT) policy
- Operate vehicle and hand transceivers
- Read destination luggage tags to ensure that all luggage is assigned correctly by destination in both aircraft loading and luggage sort area
- Conduct Foreign Objects Debris (FOD) patrols; operate FOD mat, runway sweeper
- Assist in aircraft de-icing duties, in Snow clearance and runway de-icing duties
- Loading, off-loading and sorting of baggage, freight, catering supplies, ballast
- Carry out Air and Landside general maintenance duties
- Carry out Aircraft refuelling duties including fuel delivery, fuel receipts, and all test and inspections.
- Aged 18+ years
- GCSE Grade C in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
- Available to work for a minimum of 37 hours per week
- Must undergo and pass a criminal conviction check
- Hold a current full clean driving licence
- Good computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Word
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work well in pressurised environments
- Able to work well in a team
- Ability to follow instructions and use initiative
- Good work ethic
- To be considered for this role please complete the attached application form
- Skills: Hard working; Ability to follow instructions;
*Renumeration: During the 12 month apprenticeship period and based on age, candidates will be paid the age-appropriate national living wage. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and offer of a permanent position, the salary would increase to £21,125 per annum.
*Those applying for this vacancy will be given fire related training and an opportunity in the future to apply for a firefighter role within the airport, pending successful medical.
Closing Date - Friday 22nd September 2023 by 4pm.
For further information, or to register interest, please contact Catherine: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07850 661971
The Innovation Centre, Catalyst Inc., Bay Road, L/Derry BT48 7TG
Find out more