In conjunction with the City of Derry Airport, Global Horizon Skills is delighted to offer apprentice combined role as Apprentice Firefighter / Airport Hand.
APPRENTICE FIREFIGHTER / AIRPORT HAND COMBINED ROLE
Brief Outline of Duties / Responsibilities Fire:
- Responsible to the Airside & Fire Duty Manager for Operational Duties
- Maintaining an efficient response to all emergencies
- Driving and operating all appliances and equipment
- Undertaking training and re-qualification to maintain competence as required by company standards and regulatory requirements
- Crewing the Watch room and implementing emergency procedures in the event of an emergency situation
Brief Outline of Duties / Responsibilities Airport Operations:
- Snow clearance and de-icing duties
- Wildlife Hazard Management
- Carry out airfield maintenance
- Carry out runway visual range readings
- Operation of vehicle transceivers
- Carry out airfield and lighting inspections
- Carry out marshalling duties
- Assist with aircraft turnaround
- Aged 18-24 years (applicants must be aged 18+ as there are licenses’ to be achieved as part of the process which have that stipulation)
- GCSE Grade C in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
- Available to work for a minimum of 37 hours per week
- Must undergo and pass a criminal conviction check
- Must be able to pass a medical to the standard ‘Medical Guidelines for the Fire & Rescue Service’
- Must be able to swim
- Hold a current accredited RQF/QCF (Level 2 Minimum) First Aid Qualification (certificate must have been issued within the last 18 months)
- Hold a current full clean driving licence
- Good computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Word
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work well in pressurised environments
- Able to work well in a team
- Ability to follow instructions and use initiative
- Good work ethic.
- Hold an accredited Health & Safety qualification
- All shortlisted candidates must complete a series of tests including a fitness test
- To be considered for this role please complete the attached application form
- Skills: Hard working; Ability to follow instructions; Teamwork.
*Renumeration: During the 12 month apprenticeship period and based on age, candidates will be paid the age-appropriate national living wage.
Following successful completion of the 12 month apprenticeship and offer of a permanent position, the salary would increase to £25,349 per annum.
Closing Date - Wednesday 9th August 2023 by 4pm.
For further information, or to register interest, please contact Catherine: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07850 661971
The Innovation Centre, Catalyst Inc., Bay Road, L/Derry BT48 7TG
Find out more