26th September 2023 - 28th September 2023
Online via Zoom
£340 + VAT
NB* this event is running on 26th and 28th September, not consecutive days
APS Principal Designer
This two-day course is specifically aimed at Designers wanting to take on the Principal Designer role and explore the practicalities of design risk management. The Association for Project Safety (APS) accredit this course. Upon completion of the course and successful passing of the required APS membership criteria, candidates may apply for full membership of the Association.
Suitability: Any design related professional who wishes to either take on or understand more about the role of the Principal Designer.
Delegate pre-requisites: There is a requirement that each delegate will have background knowledge of H&S Legislation with an emphasis on CDM. Delegates will be expected to have an understanding the Health and Safety at Work Act and relevant regulations.
- Explain the philosophy behind the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 1994 and its evolution into the new 2015 version.
- Provide a practical viewpoint on discharging the duties of the Principal Designer.
- Explain the notification process.
- Clarify the proactive role of CDM Co-ordination and Co-operation within the Project team in the Risk Management process.
- Cover the requirements and implications of providing the Clients duty of CDM Co-ordination.
- Highlight the impact of procurement routes on project and CDM Co-ordination.
Review the legal aspects and implications associated with the CDM team.
For further information on any of the programmes listed, please contact:
Geraldine Gormley, Director
Tel: 028 822 50544
I have a question